Free Web Counter My Life: Talk about frustration!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Talk about frustration!

When JR leaves for Mexico, I usually plan a few projects to occupy my time.  I should know by now that projects never go as easily as they should.  

I am replacing some tile that is in front of our fireplace and some tile that is in front of the sliding door to our backyard.  The tile that was there is pretty cracked and I was tired of it.  So I replaced the cement board under the tile and finally found some tile that I really liked.  I have everything ready and I put the tile down just to see what it looks like.  Crap - it doesn't fit.  What the heck?  It's 12 inch tile.  I went back and re-measured the original tile.  It's 11 3/4 inches.  Do they even make tile that size?  Apparently not anymore.  I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I know I can cut the tile, but I don't have a wet saw.  Argh!!  Why couldn't the tile be the same size?  Is that too much to ask?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sooze said...

Yeah. I've decided to get all "productive" now that Kevin and Gabe are gone too. I weed-wacked, did laundry, re-arranged furniture and cleaned. All things I never do when he is home.

Maybe next year I will have you come over and replace my cracked tiles in my bathroom and kitchen.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't see this eariler. You can go to tile mart (used to be right by Kroger i believe) and they have a wet saw they will either let you use or cut it for you :)
-Angie

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/