Free Web Counter My Life: Yummy!

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Yummy!

Hosted by Photobucket.com

Ethan and Hailey woke up early this morning and decided to fix JR and I breakfast in bed. At first they were going to fix eggs, but we nixed that one quickly! We all decided that toast would be a safe alternative. JR and I were laying in bed laughing as we hear Ethan and Hailey moving chairs into the kitchen so they can reach the toaster and the bread. About 5 minutes later, they come upstairs with our breakfast. Hailey fixed mine and Ethan fixed JR's. Hailey came around the bed and handed me the plate with what looked like a a piece of bread drowning under a pound of butter. It was so funny. She kept insisting that I try her toast and that it was yummy. All I could think of was, "how do I get out of this one without hurting her feelings?" Well, we told them we wanted to come downstairs and enjoy our toast at the table. I took our toast and snuck into the kitchen to scrape all the extra butter off. We did end up eating our delicious breakfast, without them knowing we had saved the toast from it's near-death experience.

This was such a funny and memorable moment as a parent. This was the first time the kids had fixed us a meal all by themsleves. They were so proud - and so was I!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/