Free Web Counter My Life: What do I do with this??

Sunday, March 13, 2005

What do I do with this??

So it's been a really weird weekend. Not in a good way.

As some of you may know from reading JR's blog, a friend of ours lost their 3 year old son yesterday. He was supposed to be taking a nap and he somehow got his head caught around the cord of the mini-blinds and strangled himself to death. I don't even know how to begin to process something like that. This was their only child. The dad was over in Iraq serving and is on his way home now. I can't imagine losing one of my children. I don't know how I would go on with life.

Then I found out that my Aunt has cancer. She got sick a couple weeks ago and found out that both her kidneys "died" and they don't know why. Now they found out she has a cancerous mass on her spine that I think is also affecting her heart. I don't understand what all is wrong with her - seems to change everyday. She isn't doing all that great and I feel so helpless. This is the last person on earth that I would have ever thought would get cancer.

Seems like life is seeming all too real lately. I sometimes forget that we are mortal beings and that not everyone gets to live to be 95 years old. It has made me look at life differently and make each day count for something. We really don't know how long we are on this earth - what are we doing while we are here? What am I doing while I am here? Definitely not enough right now - trying to figure out what needs to change and how I can do that. Everything seems so surreal now.

Wow this is a depressing post. Guess that's just how life goes sometimes. How do people that don't have Christ deal with the crap of life? I have a hard enough time with it, but I know that there is something more awesome after we die. How do people cope with death when they don't believe in Christ?

2 Comments:

Blogger ShannaKay said...

Praying for you guys, your friends, and Aunt!

Love ya!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Man, sorry to hear that. sucks. I will pray for both families.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/