Free Web Counter My Life: No More Doctors

Saturday, February 05, 2005

No More Doctors

Ok, the whole "kids being sick thing" is starting to get old!! I had to take Ethan to urgent care last night because he has some weird infection in his eye and his pediatrician didn't have any appointments to see him. They sent us to Ingham Urgent Care. We get there are 6:00 and at 6:45 we are called back. We were placed in a room with a wonderful view of the desk where the doctors sit. I sat there for about 5 minutes watching this doctor play with his stethoscope. I kept thinking why is he just sitting there twirling around in his chair when there are 10 people in the waiting room waiting to be seen! Well, the funny thing is after about 6 or 7 minutes, he decides to get up from his chair and comes into our room to look at Ethan. This got me thinking... do they tell doctors to mess with people's minds and work as inefficiently as possible? Why in the world would he just be sitting there while we are waiting to be seen? I just don't get it.

Just a pet peeve I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm thinkin he did it to bug you because he knew you were watching, probably wondering how long it was gonna take for you to be a Marshall and get up and tell him how to do his job

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used Ingham Urgent Care several times. Frankly, I've found their service faster and better than what you'd get in Sparrow's Emergency room.

Is that the only time you've gone there? The reason I ask is, I've not had that same experience. People do things for different reasons. My guess, the doctor in question was likely thinking about something, perhaps the last patient he treated, who knows.

Other than the few minutes he took, did you have any other problem with his method of treatment?

I'm not defending his actions, but in all honesty, you don't know the whole story. Your account is from your side.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/