Free Web Counter My Life: Laryngotracheobronchitis

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Laryngotracheobronchitis

This is what Hailey now has. In layman's terms, she has croupe. About 10:30 last night Hailey started having a hard time breathing and was coughing like she was going to lose a lung. The weird ting is she was completely fine yesterday morning and afternoon. We went to my nephew's basketball game last night and she started acting really lethargic and weird. Most of you know Hailey and how active she can be. Last night she sat in my lap for an hour and didn't move. When she acts like that, we know she's sick! We came home early from the game and put her to bed.

JR went over to Todd's house to hang before he left town. About 10:00pm she woke up coughing and crying. I could hear her breathing from across the room. Was a little bit scary to say the least. I called JR and told him I thought we needed to take her to the ER. He thought I was overreacting because when he left she was sick, but not that sick. He came home and realized how sick she really was and decided that she should go. JR stayed home with Ethan and my sister went with me to the hospital. After 3 1/2 hours in the ER, 5 chest x-rays, a breathing treatment and 2 steroid shots, we were good to come home.

It's always so sad when your kids are sick. I felt so helpless last night when she was so sick. I am her mom - I am supposed to make things all better. Luckily she is feeling much better today. Now, I am praying that she will take a nap so I can get one in too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/