Free Web Counter My Life: What fun...

Thursday, January 13, 2005

What fun...

So, I took JR and Dan to the airport at 5:45 this morning. It sucked!!! They were leaving MI to go to one of my favorite places - Colorado. I miss being there so much. I miss being able to go for a walk along the riverbank and be surrounded by mountains and clean air and just plain beauty. There was this one park I used to go to at least twice a week. It was along the side of one of the foothills. There were miles and miles of trails with picnic tables along the way to stop at. The coolest part is when you're in the mountains you don't hear anythying but the sound of water rushing along the riverbank and birds singing as they fly overhead. There is no place like it. It was so peaceful. I loved going there and reading or talking with God, or even yelling at Him. I began to do that a lot after we decided we were moving back to Michigan. I had such a hard time with that decision. I knew we couldn't afford to stay in Colorado, but the last place on earth that I wanted to move was back to MI - where we both grew up. It was going to be great to be near family and all that, but Colorado was my home. I remember the last 6 weeks before we moved, I would cry every Sunday at church. The church we went to before we left was literally on the side of a mountain - it was called Lookout Mountain. The drive there was AMAZING!!! When you got off the highway, you would come over a hill to the main road. It was like in a movie - you would come over the hill and it was like you could hear angels singing as the mountains came into view. The mountains really are purple like the song says. There is nothing like the mountains. The walls inside the church auditorium were all glass. The view was awesome. In the middle of a service you could look out the windows and see a herd of buffalo along the bottom part of the mountain. I begin to cry even thinking about it. It took me a long time after we moved back to Michigan to realize that we probably would not end up back in Colorado. I was so angry. I know JR was too. It took us a long time to get incloved at Riverview because we "knew" we would not be here for a long time. We "knew" we would be moving back to Colorado soon. It's so funny how we would always say, "well, as long as we don't end up back in Michigan, we'll be fine". Funny how God works. Funny...

We've been here since June of 2003 - can't believe how time has flown by. It has been an adjustment being invloved at church but not as paid staff. At first, I felt so weird - like it wasn't ok for me to get involved if we weren't on staff. Kinda hard to explain. However, it has been nice to get involved because I really desired to - not just because I "had to" because my husband was on staff. When we decided that we were going to be staying here and that we wanted to get involved at Riverview, things began falling in place so quickly. I love working with Together and organizing events and stuff. That is so me. It wasn't until I was able to plug in somewhere to serve that I felt like I was at "home". Is that weird? I don't know. All I know is that I am happy right now - really for the first time since we've moved to MI. I feel like we are making some amazing friends and seeing God do some really cool stuff. I interviewed for the nursery coordinator position on Wednesday. I think it went well and I pray that I get the position. When Missy handed me the job description I thought "yes", this is so me and so what I would love doing! Waiting to find out who they decided to bring on is driving me crazy. I am so excited about the opportunity to serve at Riverview and get involved in people's live again. But, I also know if it doesn't work out, it wasn't supposed to be. Either way, I still love Riverview and the community we have found there.

Holy Cow - I totally just vented on something I had no intention on writing about. I was going to write about how weird it is not having JR here and how bored I was after the kids went to bed. I actually sat in front of the tv and played the old-school nintendo and won the whole stupid thing. What an accomplishment! LOL

Ok, enough of my therapy session. For now at least....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Reading this made me think back many years when my wife and I were asked to go on a church plant from Iowa to Southern California. We couldn't think of a good reason to refuse, so we agreed. After we made the decision to go, my wife cried for three days straight. When she finished, I cried for three or four days.

California was like the last place on Earth we had a desire to live. And when we got there, we might as well have moved to the Moon, it was that foreign to us. But over the years we grew to love it -- really love it. Three of our children were born there. We still miss it, 13 years later! We made wonderful friendships there. The church survived but never really thrived. It's still there today.

But through a series of fortunate/unfortunate events, as they say, we had to move to Wisconsin. More tears. And those tears lasted for a couple years or more until we realized that God had put us in a place that was perfect for us. Never before in our entire lives had we ever felt so divinely placed because of the work we were able to do in our church, the way God worked through us to uniquely meet others' needs, the relationships we built and as a place for our kids.

And now, we are beginning to feel a tug that the Lord may be moving us again. Oh no, watch out! God is always full of surprises, isn't he? What is with him? :)

Thanks for letting me wander down memory lane.

God bless.

-- Dan
http://fixedandconsidering.typepad.com

Acts 17:26.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/