Free Web Counter My Life: Skate-A-Rama

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Skate-A-Rama

Ethan and Hailey's school has skate nights at Edru skating rink. Well tonight I thought I would be brave and take the kids skating by myself (JR was working until 8pm). I should give you some background - I learned to skate at Edru. And by "learned" I mean that by the end of this night I could usually go around maybe once without falling. Skating is not something I am good at by any means. So, sure, why not take Ethan who has only been skating once and Hailey who has never been before...

First time I tried to stand up I fell. It was not looking good. Hailey tried to stand up and the same thing happened to her too. Boy, this was going to be a long night. I finally got my bearings and just tried my best to keep Hailey on her feet. I am proud to say I didn't fall again which is pretty amazing considering how many times Hailey tried to pull me down :)

All in all it was a a really fun night! JR was even able to come for the last 10 minutes and skate around with the kids. We are all really excited for the next skate night... I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/