Free Web Counter My Life: Update on our "friend"

Friday, September 26, 2008

Update on our "friend"

We finally caught the hamster this morning in our car.  Yup, it lived in our car for more than a week.  We set traps a couple nights and somehow the hamster set the mice traps off and then just ate the food off the trap.  When that happened, I got a little upset.  It was all-out war after that night.  I went to ACE hardware and bought a huge rat trap and 4 sticky traps.  I was going to catch that hamster if it killed me.  
I set all the traps out last night and kept checking on it before I went to bed.  Nothing.  I got up this morning and looked in the car and all of the traps were still set.  Argh.  I couldn't believe that the hamster hadn't even come out.  Well, as I was walking back around the car I looked in the back seat and there it was!  It had stepped on the first sticky pad and got stuck.  I was very excited to say the least.

We also had the seat belt fixed today.  It would have cost us $250, but we found out that Subaru has a lifetime guarantee on their seat belts.  Guess it doesn't matter that a rodent chewed through it :)  All I know is I am a happy camper now that the hamster is out of the car and our seat belt was fixed for free!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Susanne and Dan said...

Does that mean you killed the hamster, or did you pry it off the sticky trap?

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/