Free Web Counter My Life: "My, how he's grown!"

Monday, March 21, 2005

"My, how he's grown!"

I am watching Jaden today so I had him and Hailey with me when I went to Ethan's school to pick him up. I wait in the hallway everyday while Ethan gets his stuff together and until his teacher dismisses the class. There are two other ladies that are there everyday waiting for their kids too. We usually make small talk to pass the 5 or so minutes that we are waiting there.

Well, I took Jaden into the school with me today. One of these ladies looks at me and says, "Wow - he sure is getting big!" I thought to myself, why is this lady saying this to me? She's never seen Jaden before - for that matter, she's never seen me with any child other than Hailey before. I just smiled at her and said "Yes he is." I didn't want to go and make her feel stupid or anything. But then she keeps saying stuff about she just can't believe how fast "my son" is growing. I am laughing inside and wondering how to handle the situation. She then asks me "how old is he now?" It was then that I told her that Jaden is a little boy that I babysit a couple days during the week. She got this weird look on her face like she was totally confused.

That would make two of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/