Free Web Counter My Life: Life...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Life...

I posted a little while back about my Aunt that has cancer. I just found out that she has decided not to do dialysis anymore. What little I know about what she's been through is that it has been very hard for her and made her very sick. I guess with her kidney's completely shut down and her not doing the dialysis anymore she only has 7-10 days to live. It's very sad for me. I can't even imagine making a decision like that. It would be so hard... She is a believer, so maybe the decision was an easy one for her. I can't even imagine what a battle it would be - wanting to stay here on earth with her husband and two kids and being in so much pain, or wanting to be in Heaven. What a thing to think about. Knowing that she will be in heaven soon. Wow - don't even know how to process that.
I don't think I've had anyone die that I have been close to. One set of my grandparents died, and that was sad, but they were in their 90's and had lived a very full life. I had an uncle die, but I wasn't very close to him. My aunt is one of those people that everyone loves. She has the cutest southern accent. They are from Kentucky. The coolest thing is that my Uncle used to be the VP of Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Apparently they invested a ton of money, so I think about the last 3 years or so neither one of them have had to work. What a blessing! They have gotten to spend all that time together. What a great gift!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Tricia ---
I'm with you --- I can't begin to process this whole situation, nor do I know what to tell you. But I'll always here for a hug or a shoulder to cry on (I just totally blanked out on how to spell shoulder!). Love ya!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Molly D said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt, Tricia. I pray that even in this difficult time Jesus love would shine and comfort her and all of you in an amazing way. You're in our prayers.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/