Free Web Counter My Life: My oh my what a wonderful day...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My oh my what a wonderful day...

Ok, the last 48 hours have been crazy to say the least. Not the best week for this to happen, but at least it's almost over. Ethan started throwing up 11:00pm Monday night and was still sick this morning (wednesday). After going to Redi-Care, Sparrow, and St. Lawrence, we got him all fixed up. They gave Ethan an IV to re-hydrate and some other medicine and after he took a little nap, we had some very interesting conversations. Here are the cliff notes from them...

Ethan told me that he isn't going to get a job when he grows up. When I asked him how he was going to provide for his family, he said he wasn't going to get married so he wouldn't have to pay for "all that stuff." When I asked him how he would pay for his own stuff when he didn't have a job, he said he would just go to Quality Dairy and get money out of that machine like we do.

Right after he woke up from him nap, the first thing he told me was that he needed to call Comcast when we got home. When I asked why, he said because channel 53 was the wrong channel and he wanted to make sure they fixed it.

While waiting he told me all the things he wanted to eat when he was better - the first thing was a hippo.

After he was "back to normal" he looked at me and said that getting sick was ok, because the nurses kept bringing him popsicles.

At least Ethan is able to get off the couch now. I am just praying the rest of us don't get it - especially since I need to be at church this weekend and run the Christmas Program!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ethan has this bug too. Hopefully it will not be the same for you you but it has lingered for Matthew. He was first sick on Friday and felt better and was sick again today. I am with you on hoping the rest do not get it! By the way we went to see the gingerbread houses today (before Matthew was sick!). Very fun.

Cindy Agnew

8:26 PM  
Blogger Manda said...

Oh my gosh, what did they give my favorite boy cousin in the world?!?! I hope I see you guys soon strangers and tell Ethan I love him and hopes he feels better.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Manda said...

It wouldn't be a Marshall/Collins/Miller Christmas unless someone was puking!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

omg i was laughing so hard when i read that. poor thing. i was going to stop by today but after reading all of what he had to go through I'm glad i didn't. i dont do the whole IV thing. Love you guys and get better!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Tricia, the more and more I grow up the more and more i see how we are alike. Like....i just realized how much i love Bon Jovi and Top gun- it's my new favorite movie! Miss you too!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

LOL! Have you really never watched Top Gun before? I'm so glad you finally came to your senses. We'll have to watch it together sometime.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

NO i've never watched it until me and Abby bought it. When i get a dog (in like 10 years) its name is giong to be Maverick!

oh jess will be here sunday!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/