Free Web Counter My Life: Sleep, Wonderful Sleep

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sleep, Wonderful Sleep

JR and I decided to "take the day off" and stay home all day. He took the day off work and I am not going into church today. We slept until 10:30! This is really nice - I could get used to this! It is definitely weird not having the kids. We have been able to do some really fun stuff the last 3 days. We went out to BW3's last night and had a great dinner and just a lot of fun. I think we've gone out everynight since the kids have left. Tonight's poker night and tomorrow is our small group. We've gotten a lot of packing done. Our house is looking very bare now - kinda weird and sad. The kids won't know how to feel to come home to a very bare house!

On another note, this hurricane Wilma that is heading towards Florida is beginning to worry me. My sister and her husband left this morning for a week-long vacation on the gulf coast of Florida. Kinda hoping that this hurricane that is "the strongest storm every recorded" takes a different turn.

On another tangent... My mom torn her rotator cuff about 10 days ago and is flying up here from Georgia to have surgery. She has to be immobile for 6 weeks, and my sister and I are a little afriad how she will do down there with just my dad. He's not a big fan of cooking, laundry, etc., so we wanted to make sure my mom wouldn't go and try to do all that for him. She will be up here until after Christmas.

This might be one of the weirdest post I have ever posted. Can you tell my brain is on vacation today? Oh well, a crappy post is better than none at all, right??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tricia,
We all love our kids to death, but there is nothing like "alone time"! Enjoy it and have lots of fun! Congrats on your new home, can't wait until we can come visit!
Love,
Elaina

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

for some reason i'm not scared for my parents...i think it's because they just called me and told me they've been on the beach ALL DAY! *jealous*!!!!!

oh well, sounds like we are going to have a fun "rest of the year". we shall endure together!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/