Free Web Counter My Life: Round Three...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Round Three...

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. Amazing how time flies when you're so busy. I got a call last night from my mom - she told me that my grandpa only has days to live. I can't believe how many funerals I have been to in the last 5 months. First my aunt died in September, then my grandma died in December, and now her husband only has days left. I hope this will be the end of it for a long time.

I can say that even though it is very say to see these precious people die, I am comforted to know that I will see them again one day. They were all believers. Going to a funeral of a believer is such a two-sided thing. It is so sad and gut-wrenching to see someone you love so much sitting there motionless. Selfishly, I want that person here with me. I don't want them to leave. But, knowing that they are no longer in pain from cancer, or no longer dealing with alzheimer's is such a comfort. At my Aunt's and Grandma's funeral I would sit and try and listen to the service, but could not stop thinking about what they might be doing that very minute. Knowing that they were so much happier in heaven than here on earth with us. Knowing that there was a reason that God took my aunt WAY too early in her life. Knowing that my grandma had lead a complete and fulfilling life. Knowing that my grandpa has lead just as much of a full and complete life and that he has influenced so many people's walk with Christ.

I guess more than anything, it has made me examine my own life and wonder what kind of influence I have on my children. Am I the kind of example to them that I should be? Am I sharing my faith with others like they have? Am I in prayer for my children and family everyday like they were? It has given me a reality-check, I guess, as to what my prioirities are right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/