Free Web Counter My Life

Friday, July 06, 2007

I can't believe it's already July. Amanzing how fast time flies.

June was fun - but really busy. We had kids kamp and it went great. We had about 280 kids during the week. The coolest thing was we had a couple parents come up to us during the week and tell us how excited their kids were to come everyday. They were even bringing their friends. It totally makes all the hours we spend putting kids kamp together worth it!

Ethan had his birthday June 30th. He turned 8! Yes, I actually have an 8 year old child. Don't know how this is possible considering I'm still 23... He has been so excited because he got a new bike for his birthday.

Right about the same time, Hailey learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. Put this together with the fact that I got a bike for my birthday and you now know why we have a little family bikeride every night. It's actually been a lot of fun. I LOVE riding my bike. It makes it all that much more fun to ride with the kids. Now we've just got to get JR one so he can join in on the fun :)

We decided to be really brave tonight and we rode our bikes all the way to the library. For those of you that don't know where we live, the library is exactly one mile away. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but when your daughter just learned how to ride a two-wheeler and your son is just learning how to use hand brakes, and you have to cross a pretty busy street, it can be a scary adventure. We did pretty well. I only had to tell the kids 5 or 6 times that you use brakes to stop, not their feet. I made a joke about how they aren't Fred Flinstone, but they had no idea who that was. Yup - yet another way to make me feel old.

I have to say I am excited to have the rest of the summer to just enjoy with my family. Kids kamp planning is done, and everything at church is really quiet right now. Not a whole lot to do. JR leaves for Mexico in two weeks. The kids and I, and my sister and neice are going to spend the night in Grand Haven one night while he's gone so we can enjoy the beach. We're going to be painting the siding on our house and working on a few other projects this summer. I just love being able to be free to do whatever we want. So nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/