Free Web Counter My Life: why do i try?

Monday, November 05, 2007

why do i try?

tonight was going to be one of those nights where we sit down to a wonderful dinner that has been in the oven all afternoon. We got home from Hailey's dance class and the house smelled very yummy. I was very excited. I bought something called a porketta, which I thought was a very yummy pork roast. It has seasoning all over it and it looked like it should be delicious. They were even buy one get one free, so I got two.

Well, as I cut into the piece of meat, it looked like a ham, not a pork roast. No one in our family like ham like that. I held out a little bit of hope thinking that it still might be really yummy. No such luck. The seasoning that was all over the meat looked good, but it had anise seed in it and was very gross. We cut off the edge thinking we could salvage the meat. Nope. It was some of the worst tasting meat I have ever had. JR and I actually spit the bite out. It was so bad we couldn't even eat it.

Dang it! I thought I had two really good pieces of meat to make a couple nice dinners with. What a waste...

So, the moral of this story is never buy something called a porketta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/