Free Web Counter My Life: Stuck at Home

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Stuck at Home

JR's car died yesterday which means he has to drive my car to work. The only bad thing about it is that Ethan has to stay home from school because we live out of his school district and he can't take a bus. But it's been kinda nice. We can't go anywhere - we have to stay at home. I really am enjoying it. The kids and I have played outside a lot and have had a couple great games of Battleship. I am realizing that I am a home-body. I don't like running everywhere all the time. It stresses me out after a while.

I HATE, I repeat, HATE looking for a new (newer) car. I always feel like we are being taken by Joe-Salesman. We bought a Honda Accord about 6 years ago because it was supposed to be one of the best cars out there and it would last us forever. Well, we must have gotten a real lemon because we poured money into that car for 2 years straight. I just hate that feeling of now knowing what the real shape of the car is that we are going to buy. I am glad that JR is a tough sale - he won't let people walk all over him. But you know the car salesmen are looking at our big "SUCCKER" sign flashing over our head. At least that's how I feel they look at us. We look you and we must be naieve. Ah, oh well. Just praying that we will get a reliable car that WILL last us a long time. Anyone know of a good place to go??

So I realized that I haven't been posting as often as I would like. Well, you guys are in for it. If I'm stuck home for a while, you'll be getting more of my boring life to read. Lucky You.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know of a good place to go for a car around here - although every place usually seems to be the same. Sundance in Grand Ledge claims to sell more than anyone else around town, but they seem to be the shadiest as well.

Use some of the online sites like Kelly Blue Book to get the prices of cars (so you don't get stuck over paying). Also, search the internet some for ratings of the cars. You will find a lot of sites that discuss problems with certain car models. Best of luck with your new car search.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

Happy birthday. :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Manda said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day! Love ya!!!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy birthday Tricia! (And I'm not just saying that because I saw the other comments, I really did remember. I just remember important things like that.)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Try St. Johns Ford. They have a good service center, and they like to negociate deals. My husband worked there, although they are salesmen, they aren't shady.
Also they will look up different cars for you statewide, if you have a certain type of car you want.

Enjoy staying home with your kids!

6:29 AM  
Blogger ShannaKay said...

I didn't know it was your birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY : )

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/