Free Web Counter My Life: Riv at Wharton

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Riv at Wharton

Today was the big "One" service at the Wharton center. For those of you that don't know our church runs 5 services every weekend so this was our chance to have one big service all together. It was a lot of fun. There were 4 of us that didn't actually get to be in the service - we got to help out with the kids. Susan had the little babies, I had 1-3 year olds, Wendy had 4 years to 2nd grade and Missie was with registration and overseeing everything. It was a little crazy to say the least - no real classrooms. We had the kids in 2 lobbies upstairs and one in a rehersal room. I have to say it went a lot smoother that I could have ever imagined! I think the kids had a lot of fun too. We had movies, crafts and fun new toys to play with. We had some AMAZING volunteers from Spartan Christian Fellowship! They made the day so much easier.

I have to say that I am exhausted though. I really felt sorry for the sound people that had to be at church at 5am! We didn't have to be at the Wharton until 7. After church the 4 of us that worked with the kids went out for lunch at PF Changs. Very yummy!!

Here are a few pictures from the morning





1 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

We tried to find you, but it was too crazy!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/