Free Web Counter My Life

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My grandpa's funeral on Monday was amazing. It was such a celebration of his life and how his whole purpose in life was to tell others about Jesus. He had some "preacher boys" that he mentored and they spoke at the funeral. It was so cool to hear them talk about how he had encouraged them in every way he could. My grandpa was such an amazing man. It's funny - I didn't cry as much at his funeral as I did at my aunt's or my grandma's. The whole funeral had a different feel to it - a happy and joyful time to celebrate his life.

It was great to see all my family again. I have seen them three times now in just over 4 months. More than I had seen any of them in the last 10 years! It was so nice to reconnect with them so much in so little time. I love seeing them, but I hope I don't see them under these circumstances again for a long time.

Once of the most amazing things that happened was that I get to have my grandma's piano. This piano was something she played everyday and something I have a lot of memories attached to. I didn't realize it before, but it is worth a lot of money. All my mom's siblings gave up a lot so that I could have it. I can't even express how excited I am that I get to have this precious heirloom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

that's sweeet! i didn't know u get the piano. oh well i have ur piano which also has lots of memories attached to it. like when u told me to hurry up and learn Cannon cuz u were getting married....u probly don't remember that ;) haha love ya!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Manda said...

I felt the same way at the funeral. At first I couldn't figure out why I wasn't as sad this time around. Then I realized it was because he did not leave a spouse behind. Instead, he was joining "his sweet mommy".

1:37 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

I'm glad the funeral was filled with so much love. That is really great.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/