Free Web Counter My Life: David Copperfield

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

David Copperfield

For my birthday, JR and our small group went in and bought us tickets to go see David Copperfield at the Wharton Center. When I was younger, I loved him. I would record his specials on TV and watch them so often I had all the music memorized. I know - I'm a dork. When JR and I started dating, JR asked me about the 8x10 photo I had of David Copperfield in my room. Yeah, I actually had a photo of him in my room.
So, Saturday night JR and I went to see him. Suzanne came over and watched the kids for us. The show was supposed to start at 9pm, but at 9:00 the doors into the auditorium hadn't even been opened. It was 9:10 when they finally opened the doors. The lobby was wall to wall full of people. It was a little strange - no one made an announcement about what was going on or anything. We were sitting on the stairs up the to Grand Tier Lounge so we got a great view of all the people. It's a little dark, but here is a picture I took...

















We had a really good time that night. The show was great. I was afraid that JR would be mocking David Copperfield all night, but I think he enjoyed the show as much as I did. Some of the tricks that he performed were amazing. I can't even imagine how he made them look so real. Here's a picture of us waiting to get into the Wharton...

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Sounds like fun!!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Come out and visit us!!!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/