Free Web Counter My Life: Great Read

Monday, May 29, 2006

Great Read

Last night I finished "Confessions of a Reformission Rev" by Mark Driscoll. What a great read. It was so good that last night I couldn't put it down - ended up reading the last 120 pages of the book. The first few chapters I read while I was working out at the Y - I realized you get a lot more out of a book when you read while you are sitting down rather than going up and down on an eliptical! The book really was amazing. It was a little scary with it's honesty about the trials of planting a church, but it was also very inspiring. To hear the rollercoaster type journey the church was and is on was very eye-opening. I laughed outloud a lot and even cried once. I know, I'm a girl - I'm allowed to cry when I read a book. It was amazing to see how God continually provided just what the church needed - sometimes just enough to allow them to stay afloat. Then to hear how random people started to come to the church and donate just the exact amount of money the church needed for a certain thing. This is definitely a book I will probably read again and again in the years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://triciamiller.blogspot.com/